Animal Control

Deceased Animals
  • Deceased animals that are on Village streets or the portions of US-42 and OH-161 that are within the municipal limits can be removed by the Village. You can report the deceased animal by submitting a Service Request.
  • Removal of deceased animals located on private property is the responsibility of the property owner.
Nuisance Animals
  • If you encounter non-domesticated (“wild”) animals, you may call the Plain City Police Department.
  • In the event of loose or lost dogs, please contact the Madison County Dog Warden at 740-845-1749 or the Madison County Humane Society at 614-879-8368.
Bees and Stinging Insects
  • For the removal of honeybee swarms and hives, please call Matthew Dunham at 614-562-0909. Please note this is not a Village service provider.
  • For other stinging insects such as wasps, yellow jackets, or hornets, please contact an exterminator.